Protective Equipment Necessary for Tackling a Mold Problem
Make Sure You Acquire The Following Protective Gear
The desire to immediately jump in and start attacking a mold issue is understandable. However, mold can be dangerous to your health so it's important to protect yourself before you charge into battle. The good news is that all of the gear on this list can be found for a reasonable price at your local hardware store. If your home in Waterford Estates, TX, is suffering from mold growth, make sure you acquire the following protective gear before attempting to resolve the issue.
1. Protective eyewear: Safety goggles will help keep your eyes safe, not only from mold spores but also from the combative chemicals you're using to clean the mold. If your remediation process involves cutting into the drywall, these can help keep those stray particles out as well.
2. Full-coverage clothing and/or Tyvek suit: The primary concern here is protecting exposed skin from harmful chemicals and mold spores. If you want to go the extra mile (and pretend you're in Breaking Bad), you can opt to wear a disposable Tyvek suit.
3. Shoe covers: These little paper booties will prevent mold spores from hitching a ride on your shoes and contaminating the rest of your house. Just make sure to remove them before entering uncontaminated areas.
4. Respirator: This is, by far, the most important piece of equipment you can wear. Inhaling mold spores is detrimental to your health, so you want to make sure you have some equipment that can filter them out of the air. It's important to get an actual respirator; a regular surgical mask isn't equipped to handle mold spores.
5. Rubber gloves: Protect your hands from mold and other harmful cleaning chemicals with rubber or latex gloves. Make sure the gloves fit your hands properly for maximum protection.
Acquire the appropriate gear to protect yourself before charging in to deal with a mold problem. If you find that the issue is beyond your abilities, make sure you contact mold remediation experts to help handle the problem.